Friday, October 8, 2010

Naming the Baby


Today I went through a list (A-Z) of baby girl names, including Armenian ones.

We have picked out a boy name: Samuel Jack Telloian. I like the way Sam would sound : ) Also, 1 Samuel is a beautiful story of Hannah, who wanted a baby so much. God gave her one, and she named him Samuel. Jack runs in both of our families. Samuel Jack kinda sounds like an alcoholic drink hehehe. That was UNINTENTIONAL!

Girl's names, on the other hand, are more frustrating. A girl can be so unique (not that a boy can't be, they are just a little bit more predictable in my eyes, therefore easier to choose a name for). I jotted down names that interested me, so here they are:

Roubina (Rubina)- my beautiful cousin's name that I love

Annie (Ani)- my mother-in-law's name that is so cute

Haley- I taught a little girl for about three years and we formed a close connection. She was so full of spirit : )

Hannah- classic

Heidi- different

Hollie- spunky

Janie- cutesie

Poppy- Our baby is due in the spring.

Renee- seemed dramatic and beautiful to me

Ruby- rockin. Hope our baby isn't cursed with red hair like me though....

Sasha- kinda russian

Sidney (Sydney)- very fun

Wendy- classical

Femi- this means love. I thought it was interesting

Houri (Houry)-another beautiful cousin's name- I absolutely love this one (probably my fave right now)

Mina- My second fave!)

Seta- Kinda cool. Reminds me of something in childhood, but I can't remember what.

Yeva- Armenian, but kinda Russian sounding : )


Help us!!! What's your opinion?

1 comment: