Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Latest and greatest

Hi friends! It has been quite a month for sure, which would be why it is February and NOW I have time to post.

I think this month has been one of learning patience. Aaron and I have so many needs and ambitions, yet time seems to make things delayed. I also have had to go back to school, which is a little story in itself.

Basically, Fresno State denied me a Leave of Absence, which means that I would either not go to school like I planned (and be considered a dropout, therefore losing my catalog year and potentially taking MORE classes), or go to school and take 12 units and graduate in the spring. I chose the latter. I keep getting the question "What's your plan when baby comes?" To be honest, I don't really have a plan. ALL of my plans this past year have not really "come true", so my planning has gone down to a minimum. I know I will do my best in these classes to finish well. I know I want to breastfeed. I know I don't want my little girl in a daycare. I know I want to have a natural birth. These are my values, but as for everything else, I am hoping and praying they fall into place.

I am nervous about many things, such as nap schedules and breastfeeding schedules while I am in class. I am in class 4 days a week: Moday from 9-12; Tuesday from 3-5; Thursday from 3-9pm; Friday from 10:30am-12pm. I don't really know how I will pump, but it will have to work out. Also, both grandmothers are offering up their sitting services, so I am VERY thankful for that!

But that is future stuff- I have had to turn down many committments I was really hoping to do, such as Pregnancy Care Center and coaching. I really have a burden on my heart for both, but my priorities this semester is my immediate family. It will always be my immediate family; however, this season of life will be extremely consuming with a new little one. I think it is the best decision to stay home with my little girl so hubby can work and do ministry and I can go to school and be there for her in her most vulnerable time.

Hubby is at Apple, and he seems to really enjoy working there. I get to hear awesome stories everyday, some really bummer stories, and some REALLY creepy weird ones of really odd customers. He is still working hard to get a promotion to full-time. We have a couple of other job leads as well, so I will wait to post on those until we have clarity.

I am very thankful for the incredible support systems in our lives. I am blessed with two great grandmothers in town who are there for us. My church body is incredible. I consider them family, not through obligation, but because we have all grown so close. I see no difference between them and my own blood. Our friends are so great to us and understanding of our life situations. My professors are very helpful with the pregnancy- I am so thankful for how God has come beside us in this total transition.

Lastly, this weekend is the babyshower. I am very thrilled to see many family and friends I have not seen in awhile. I am so thankful for everyone's anticipation and support, from before we have been married until now. WHat a great time it is going to be : )

With that, I hope you all have a great week and take the time to think about the many blessings in your life.

Make Good Choices!

-Sarah T.

No comments:

Post a Comment