Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gingerbread House Championships of the World


So for Christmas, we were royally in poverty, so my family decided NO PRESENTS! Instead, we had this epic gingerbread house building competition. We drew names out of a hat and I got paired up with my sister's friend Christina. Jack and Barbie were partners, Nick and Jenn were partners, and Annie and Aaron were partners. Momma was the helping hand hard at work making excess frosting (aka glue) for our constructions. We had one and a half hours and we were off!
Christina thought of the pretzel roof, and I thought of the silo... We raised a farm!

The finished product!

One and a half hours later, the winner was announced....... drumroll...... Jack & Barbie. I was like, "What do you mean I lost?!" I don't think I have ever been this competitive before, and it was in a baked goods contest! And I lost! Hey, when a gumdrop lamppost and almond woodpile beat a Nilla wafer silo and marshmallow sheep, you have to wonder what this world is coming to.

Until next year.... my scheming begins.....

No comments:

Post a Comment